How do I find info on mutual funds?
Go to Bloomberg (available in the Johnston Library only) type FPC and hit GO for info on fund performance. Also, try WMF and GO for rankings of mutual funds by investment strategy and region.
Use Datastream (available in the Johnston Library only). How to find mutual funds:
- Search in the Unit Trusts area.
- Unit trust is the name for a mutual fund in the UK and a number of other English-speaking countries.
Use Morningstar Direct (available in the Johnston Library only). Includes international open-ended and closed-end mutual funds. How to find mutual funds:
- Select "Search"
- Select "Edit Data"
- Select your variables.
- Highlight desired variable (for ones over time, historical categories are at the end).
- Select "Settings" and then calculations and fix dates.
Many magazines and newspapers such as Barrons, Pensions and Investments , and The Wall Street Journal regularly provide rankings and evaluations of Mutual Funds. Search ProQuest or Factiva databases using the terms mutual funds and rankings.
Related books on mutual funds:
- Investor's Guide to Stock Quotations and other financial listings
- International Guide to Securities Market Indices (e-book)
- Other books on mutual funds
If you require further assistance, please feel free to contact us.