How do I find court cases in which a company is currently involved?
There is no register of current court cases, but cases may be reported in the press.
For press reports:
- Use ProQuest Business and Economics. In the advanced search screen. Enter a company name in the Company/organization field and do a subject heading search for litigation or subject settlements & damages.
- LegalTrac. Use the advanced search. Use a field drop-down to select Company Name then enter a company and search.
- Nexis Uni. Click Advanced Search under the main search box. Select the Legal tab. Then select Legal News in the menu to the left. Select the "All Fields" drop-down and choose Company Name. Enter a company name and search.
For recent legal cases involving a specific company use:
- Nexis Uni. Click on Menu at the top of the website, followed by Company Dossier. Then search for a company. In the company dossier, select Legal. Choose from recent cases in Canada, USA, UK, and Ireland.
- CanLii (For provincial court cases): Search for a company in one of the relevant fields.
- Corporate Prosecution Registry from the University of Virginia School of Law: Click Data & Documents and choose Browse. Search for a company.
For more information see the Business Law Research guide.
If you require further assistance, please contact the Business Library.