Does Western's OA policy require me to transfer my copyright to Western?

No, the policy does not require a transfer of copyright. You will provide what is called a “non-exclusive permission” to archive and disseminate an article in Western’s open access institutional repository, Scholarship@Western

Non-exclusive permission means that you provide Western permission for the specific act of disseminating a particular article via the repository. As this permission is non-exclusive, you retain the ability to grant non-exclusive rights to your article to other third parties, such as publishers or academic societies.

Last Updated: Nov 19, 2021 Views: 46